Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Meatloaf


Growing up, I was not a fan of meatloaf. All the things Alton describes as being wrong with it I wholeheartedly agree with

Great meatloaf is always juicy, but it never falls apart. It is neither bland nor so heavily seasoned that is looses its meaty soul.

The problem is, it was overly seasoned, and did fall apart.

This is the second time I've made this recipe. This is the second time I've had less than thrilling results. I followed this to the letter and did not get a crunch glaze. I was very careful about over mixing the ingredients. Still, the meat came out with a texture I just did not like. The "meaty soul" was lost in this. Considering this came from the same episode as the Burger of the Gods, this was somewhat disheartening.

Also, Alton's penchant for cumin is alive and well. I just really don't like this spice. Alton does. This often leaves me at odds with some of his recipes.

If you have made this recipe and have had success, I'd love to know where you think I might have gone wrong. This definitely falls into the I won't make again category.





Recipe Link

No comments:

Post a Comment