Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Classic Sugar Cookies



Sugar cookies are a staple of holiday baking. And, since I'm attempting most all of the Good Eats recipes I decided to add Alton Brown's sugar cookies to my 12 Cookies of Christmas list. Having made these in the past and not being a huge fan of how they turned out I made one small change. I took the sugar and ran it through the food processor. The superfine sugar made the cookies much more tender.

The royal icing also had a modification. The icing ended up being too thick to do much of anything with. I couldn't spread it or pipe it. I added a small amount of milk and that made all the difference. Also, while AB suggests using powdered food coloring, I could find none. At least not locally. But, Wintons has a set of gel colors that worked out quite well.

I do need to add a few more cookie cutters to the mix to get some variation. Not pictured are: Christmas Trees, sleigh, reindeer, man, woman, snowman







Recipe Link - cookies

Recipe Link - royal icing

No comments:

Post a Comment