Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sugared Sugar Cookies



So, in following suit with the previous post ( Jam Sammies ) and using Alton Brown's Sugar Cookie recipe as a multipurpose  holiday cookie recipe, I whipped up another batch. This time I used the drop method. I dropped scoops of dough into colored sugar (homemade by my dear daughter), rolled them to coat,  and then placed on a cookie sheet and baked.

AB's recipe has the oven temp at 375° for 7 - 9 minutes, so that's what I did here.  Afterwards, I read a few other sugar cookie recipes and I think the oven temp is too high for this type of cookie. Next time, I'll lower the temp to 350° and bake a bit longer.

Again, a complaint I've found in reviews of Alton Brown's recipe is that the cookies produced are a bit dry. My remedy for that is using superfine sugar. This is easily made by processing the sugar in a food processor.

And that is the final cookie posting of this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment