Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jam Sammies


In "The Cookie Clause" episode of Good Eats, the topic is sugar cookies. Alton Brown notes that this is a sort of multipurpose recipe.
The thing about Christmas cookies is you want to come up with just one kind of batter that can make a whole bunch of cookies, okay?

That way you can roll 'em and cut 'em, or make little balls, drop cookies, icebox cookies, make 'em a log and then saw 'em into pieces. And the most versatile cookie dough I know of is sugar cookie dough.

I pondered whether or not I should post these. Technically, they are not listed as an 'official' Good Eats recipe. That being said, I followed the official recipe and only veered by adding the jam filling and sandwiching two cookies together.

For the jam filling, I found a new jam I'd not seen before at Costco: Cherry-Raspberry-Rhubarb. I took a cup of the jam and reduced it for about 20 minutes. I that ran it through a strainer and let it cool.  And there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment